Wednesday, July 6, 2011

home is wherever i'm with you

I'm home!  And boy, do I have lots to catch you up on.
My trip was amazing--I am so grateful that I'm able to travel and seeing family made it even better.

But first, I want to tell you about something new & exciting, for me at least.
Inspired by the Busy Bee herself, I'm going raw!  Well, partially raw.  You know, I'm not even sure how to define it yet, but I'm somewhere in between vegetarian, vegan  & raw.  

At this point, this is what I'm thinking: gluten free, no meat (occasional fish), very limited processed foods, limited dairy (I need my yogurt--even though I take acidophilus every day, I gotta have probiotics), and lots and lots of whole fruits and veggies.

The reason I decided not to go completely raw, and why I'm having issues defining what I'm doing, is because I'm 18, it's expensive, time consuming and I don't have very many available resources for super hip food right now.  So, I think this is perfect for me.

This is what I ate today:

Breakfast-
the most disgusting looking, most delicious smoothie.
a peach, banana, some blueberries, spinach, almond milk.

Lunch-
a small avocado, a huge carrot, and a few rye crackers.
didn't even finish the whole avocado, but it was oh so good 
mashed on the cracker and on the carrots.
I'm already surprised by how fast I fill up.

Dinner-
Boca burger over a slice of munster cheese and romaine w/
part of a red bell pepper and 4 huge, sweet strawberries & Greek yogurt.
I felt like I needed something to spice up the burger, so I added the cheese.
big mistake.  already, I noticed how much heavier I felt inside after
eating only whole foods all day.

This is definitely going to be a series of adjustments, but I'm ready.
Stay tuned for all things Russian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what up?