I didn't get a pillow pet for Christmas. Not that I asked for one, but everyone else did. They are fluffly.
Christmas was a perfect lazy day with the fam. I have to admit, I enjoyed having Christmas morning without a bunch of little kids. I love having them around and I'm so glad we had a full house the rest of the week, but sometimes the peace and quiet rocks my world. It's been a fun break, but I need to start getting ready for school next week. Teacher's think they're being nice when they give you homework.
Mom's here, which I love, but she's got to leave tomorrow to see my new nephew! What a doll.
Sorry for my last dramatic post. Here's the quick version. Last Tuesday night my car was broken into. They took my purse which basically only had my wallet--driver's license and credit card--in it. I surprised myself because I never really freaked out. I cried once, but it was because I felt violated. For a few days (actually, still), I was afraid to go out at night by myself and I'm a bit distrusting of people who are probably perfectly nice. The hardest part for me was not having a license. Or car, I guess. I finally got my window fixed, a new wallet, a new license, and a new card, so I am good to go.
News. I bought my first Christmas tree! I've been way too excited for college lately (even though I still need to be accepted...) and everytime I go into a store I have visions of what my apartment will look like. Seriously, Pier 1 is the worst. I've been resisting buying everything I see because I have no where to store it, but I saw this little white tree at Target for four dollars so I snatched some ornaments and beads and I'm set for next year. I'm hoping my favorite Kar Kar Pants and I can live together cause our home would be bomb.
I thought I'd post some reviews on some great Christmas presents I got.
- MacBook Air: 64GB Flash memory, light as a feather, and super fast. It pretty much rocks. No CD drive, and not very many other ports, but I'm feeling like this will be just fine as soon as I get an external drive. Also, just found out that you can buy Photoshop online and download it, so that helps too.
- Crocodile Chia Pet: Perfect. It just needs to sprout soon. Apparently the seeds (not sprouts) are good for you. They look nasty. Buy vitamins. It came with a free deck of Chia Pet cards. That might be my favorite part of Christmas.
- Hair Biscuit Solid Shampoo from One Bath and Body. I thought it might dry out my hair, but it's amazing! You rub the bar over your hair a few times and it lathers up so nice. I got a bath fizzer too, but have yet to try it. For real though, try it.
- Mustache Bandages. I know. I almost cut myself on purpose just to use one.
- Russian Language Map: I'm learning my alphabet!
- Everything else. People were so nice this year. I didn't really ask for anything this year. I got everything I needed and way more than I ever wanted.
Favorite presents I gave:
- Everything. I rock.
- Mustache frames & pictures
- Flashing Christmas light earrings
- a DI trip
- Pei Wei
- snazzy crafts
Here's some post Christmas/still Holiday love:
p.s. Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon.