Sunday, January 2, 2011

whats the dill?

It's a new year!  It's happy!
If I felt like it and no one was sick of it yet, this is where I would present you with the many silly sayings the new year brings in:
"I haven't showered since last year!'
"This is the first _______ this year!"

I'll admit I did it last night when I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted Doritos to be the first thing I ate this year (I had Orange juice, p.s.) and I've thought about it since then.

Anyway, here's the good stuff.  I took a surprise New Year's trip on Thursday and just got back tonight.  Being a Florida girl, I haven't really explored these lands in the winter.  I did lots of new things this week (including snow shoeing; I love) and it was a great way to bring in this new year.
Yes, I am aware of the fact that we look awkward, high, tired, and dirty. 
Most of those are true.

I remind myself that [interruption: KSL 5 just played Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and I almost peed my pants.  I love that song.  And they were talking about football.] doing new things is the best way to help me grow.  This year is going to be full of new things and I'm going to like it, dang it!

I'll be moving on to a new part of life.  I'll be starting at a new school, a BIG school.  I'll be on my own, surrounded by so many new people.  I'm not sure what this year will bring, but I'm excited to find out, and excited to share.

Because I should-- this year:
- I'm going to be more consistent in everything I do
- I'm going to work harder at school
- I'm going to cross some things off of my bucket list
- I'm going to rock.

I don't like making huge goals I can't accomplish, so you'll see more throughout the year.


Happy 1.1.11 friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what up?