Sunday, May 4, 2014

NYC highlights

- I made everybody listen to this song as we drove into the city and it was magical.
- Computers & Cameras! Jk. Late Show, though!
- We didn't go see good ole David, but we did see Cinderella! Carly Rae was out that night, but Fran Drescher was amazing, and who knew so many ex 30 Rock guests were on Broadway?!
- Late night Halal from THE HALAL GUYS. It was like 11 pm, and there were lines a block long. That is what dreams are made of.
- Stalking my Mormon mommy bloggers at Stake Conf. at the temple church.
- Levain Bakery. It took me a whole 24 hours to finish that dang cookie (I got the dark chocolate chocolate chip). So worth the 4 or 5 dolla bills.
- Top of the Rock. SO GREAT. Apparently cheaper, less crowded, and a way better view than the Empire State (also, you get to actually see the Empire State). Empire State selfie seen here.
- Walked through Times Square, which was a little eh, and then strolled and sat in Bryant Park, which I loved.
- On our subway ride to the Staten Island Ferry, a group of old men got on our nearly empty train and sang This Little Light of Mine. It was fabulous.
- Wafels & Dinges, Alice's Tea House, a tiramisu cannoli (funny story: the only cannoli I've ever had was in Italy, and I did not love it, but Little Italy made things so so right), and The Melt Shop. The adults went out for their anniversary one night, so the little girls and I ventured out for some dinner. Buttermilk fried chicken grilled cheese w/ red cabbage slaw and rosemary tots. You guys.
- And finally, the view from our hotel room at night. The last night we were there I couldn't stand it, so I went on a walk and it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what up?