Saturday, January 29, 2011

kinyarwanda:

1. official language of Rwanda.
2. the most beautiful movie about the Rwandan Genocide


KINYARWANDA Extended Trailer from Alrick Brown on Vimeo.


I had the opportunity to attend the second screening of this movie at the Rose Wagner theater in SLC at our school's annual NHS trip to Sundance.

It's gorgeous.  The cinematography is incredible and it's just a fantastic project.  I'm writing a newspaper article so I don't want to share all of my pictures and special quotes yet, but I'll link to the article after and share the extras with you.

We were able to have a Q & A session with the director, executive producer (who is a survivor), the cinematographer, and one of the actresses.  These people are amazing.  And I got a movie poster.  Score.

Seriously though, search high and low if you have to, but you have to see this movie.

Also, I've never seen Hotel Rwanda, but Alrick made the comment that this is about "life."  So, don't be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what up?